Eye Hospitals in Nagaland
Nagaland is one of the seven north-eastern states of India having an area of 16,579 square km and with a population of 1,980,602 (2011 census). Nagaland is home to many tribal communities each of which has its distinct language and culture. The healthcare services of the state are being looked after by the Health and Family Welfare Department of Nagaland. The main task before the Health Department is:
- Control and prevention of communicable and non-communicable diseases and also epidemic diseases.
- Promote health environment and healthy lifestyle.
- Reduce morbidity and mortality rates.
- Provide basic healthcare services to women, children and backward classes.
- Universal immunisation.
- Check population growth and ensure demographic and gender balance.
The government has launched numerous schemes for better health services in the state. Some of these include:
- National Vector Borne Diseases Control Program
- National Program for the Control of Blindness
- National Mental Health Program
- National Integrated Disease Surveillance Program
- National Tobacco Control Program
- Universal Immunisation Program
- School Health Program
- National Cancer Control Program
- AYUSH Program
- Janani Suraksha Program
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram, etc.
There are many eye care centres providing treatment for eye diseases like Cataract, eye allergies and Acanthamoeba, etc. Apart from this, these institutes also provide facilities like Lasik surgeries and specs removal. Some of the best eye care centres are:
- Mercy Eye Centre, Dimapur
- Faith Hospital and Institute of Medical Sciences, Dimapur
- Star Optical, Dimapur