Eye Hospitals in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh is one of the largest states of India with a population of around 8.09 crore people as of 2017. Due to the ever-growing demand for better healthcare facilities, the government of Madhya Pradesh has made many arrangements for public health through various health programmes. Apart from government hospitals, there are a large number of private hospitals that offer world class health services here. Owing to improvement in health services in the state, the death rate has shown a decline post the independence of India. However, a lot of work still remains to be done. In the rural part of the state, the infant and maternal mortality rate is comparatively higher for which the government is very much concerned. Numerous health service schemes are being launched to curb infant and maternal mortality such as Janani Express Yojana, Bal Shakti Yojna and Dhanwantri Block Development Scheme.
The Public Health and Family Welfare Department in Madhya Pradesh looks after the healthcare infrastructure of the state. This department aims to take care of the proper functioning of all health institutions here.
Another department called the Madhya Pradesh Healthcare Department aims to provide primary health facilities to all the citizens of the state by:
- Providing free of cost emergency medical treatment.
- Promoting and educating people about family planning.
- Ensuring adequate measures for prevention of man-made disasters.
- Financial healthcare facilities.
- Controlling population.
- Increasing blood banks in the state and improving ambulance facilities.
- Focussing on maternity health.
- Increasing sub-health centres.
- Decentralizing healthcare services.
Some of the other health schemes launched by the Madhya Pradesh government are:
- Deen Dayal Antyodaya Upchar Yojna
- Sampoorna Swasthya Sabke Liye Yojna
- Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi
- Vijaya Raje Janani Kalyan Bima Yojna
- Prasav Hetu Parivahan Evam Upchar Yojna
- Janani Sahyogi Yojna
- Mother and Child Protection Card
The state has many advanced medical centres such as All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Bhopal, Bombay Hospital in Indore, Jawahar Lal Nehru Cancer Hospital in Bhopal, Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal, Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences in Indore, Bhopal Memorial Hospital and Research Centre in Bhopal.
Madhya Pradesh also has several eye care hospitals to offer wholesome eye treatment. The main eye hospitals include Gomabai Netralaya in Nimach, Suraj Vision Centre in Indore, Jan Jyoti Super Speciality Eye Hospital in Jabalpur, Indore Eye Hospital in Indore, ASG Eye Hospital in Bhopal and Choithram Netralaya in Indore.