Eye Hospitals in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) is the northern-most state of India. It is popularly known as “heaven on Earth” due to its enchanting mountainous landscapes and serene lakes. It is the only state in India with a Muslim-majority and it consists of three parts namely the Kashmir Valley, Jammu and Ladakh. Jammu is the winter capital here while Srinagar is the summer capital of the state.
Healthcare in Jammu and Kashmir is looked after by the Department of Health and Medical Education. This department aims to improve health systems and health status of people of Jammu and Kashmir especially those belonging to rural areas or under-privileged sections of society. Some of the primary goals of this department include:
- Population stabilisation
- Gender and demographic balance
- Empowering people through effective functioning of initiatives like Rogi Kalyan Samiti, etc.
- Strengthening of medical infrastructure
- Ensuring healthcare facilities to all the people of the state irrespective of their distance, caste or status.
There are numerous eye care facility centres in Jammu and Kashmir that provide eye care facilities like consultation, testing, treatment and surgery for eye related problems. Some of these institutes are listed below:
- Gem Eye Care Centre
- Sood Eye Centre
- Dr. Manzoor Eye Care Centre
- Santosh Eye Care Centre
- Malhotra Eye Care Clinic