Eye Hospitals in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is the capital city of two states of India namely Haryana and Punjab. It was designed by Le Corbusier, a Swiss-French architect. Its population is 1.055 million (2011 census) and it has an area of 114 square km. Chandigarh is famous for the Rock Garden which was built by using domestic and industrial waste. It was started by a government official named Nek Chand and so it is also known as Nek Chand Rock Garden. The garden is also famous for recycled ceramic sculptures.
The Chandigarh government provides best medical services to its people. There are four district hospitals in Chandigarh. These are listed below.
- DH Government Multi Speciality Hospital, Sector 16, Chandigarh
- ESI Hospital, Ramdarbar, Chandigarh
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, Chandigarh
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh
There is also one civil hospital in Manimajara. Apart from these hospitals there are three urban primary healthcare centres (PHC), two community healthcare centres (CHC) and twenty six dispensaries located at various places in Chandigarh. The government has established a number of medical centres for providing healthcare facilities to its rural population. There are eight rural dispensaries, seven Alternative Medical Centres and seventeen sub-centres in the rural parts of Chandigarh.
Chandigarh is one of the best places for medical tourism in the country due to its several high-standard medical institutions. The Chandigarh government is making concerted efforts to promote medical tourism. The Government of India also encourages medical tourism and has announced a scheme of “Medical Visa” for attracting health tourists towards the country.
Chandigarh is also a good place to get efficient eye care treatments. Some of the best eye care institutes are:
- Charak Eye Hospital, SAS Nagar, Punjab
- INSCOL Hospital, Sector 34-A, Chandigarh
- Sri Guru Harkishan Sahib Charitable Eye Hospitable Trust, SAS Nagar, Punjab
- Grewal Eye Institute, Sector 9-C, Chandigarh
- Neerja Eye Hospital, Sector 36-D, Chandigarh
- Ujjawal Eye Care, Mohali
- Mirchia’s Laser Eye Clinic, Sector 22-A, Chandigarh
- Ashok Sharma Cornea Centre, Sector 22-A, Chandigarh